Friday 26 November 2010

Aus Day 67 - Cold & Wet But Windy Harbour Dry

Thursday 25th November    Aus Day 67


Rose at 05.55 this morning, after being awake since 05.00. Shower and breakfast then spent some time completing and publishing yesterday’s Blog and dealing with a number of e-mails.

I am moving on today so, got the van ready to go and hit the road at 09.25. Travelled south via Northcliffe through forests shrouded in mist and light rain until I was about 10 km from the coast when the trees cleared and the weather brightened until, by the time I got to Windy Harbour, the sun was shining brightly. Windy Harbour turned out to be a tiny hamlet at the end of a 27 km road, nestled in a lovely bay which must be a nightmare to navigate, judging by the breakers at various points around the bay.

Windy Harbour Bay

So Many Breakers At Windy Harbour

Cormorants at Windy Harbour
I spent about 1½ hours there before retracing my route to Northcliffe where I took the opportunity to have a quick wander about before refuelling and heading on towards Walpole.

If They Don't Know How Should I?

Northcliffe Pioneer Museum

Travelling through the Forest
I arrived at the Coalmine Road Caravan Park at about 3.00 pm by which time the weather had deteriorated and it was starting to rain again.

Nornalup Inlet Near The Coalmine Beach Caravan Park


I took the chance to get my laundry done and also did some more research into Bangkok Hotels. Does anyone have any recommendations?

At 17.00, my day was made through the advent of Skype contact with Eileen after which I made myself some tea and then started to draft today’s Blog.

By the way, it looks as though Australia have snatched the initiative in the Ashes Series, bowling England out for 260 and scoring 25 without loss, at the close of play.

After a quiet evening it is starting to get a bit chilly and therefore Zebedee is ordering me to bed at 11.00 pm Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comments/Thoughts/Suggestions here.