Friday 3 December 2010

Aus Day 75 - Another Time Zone Surprise

Friday 3rd December    Aus Day 75


Rose at 07.00, shower, breakfast and then spent a bit of time finalizing the Blog so that I can get it on-line as soon as I have Internet connection which may prove not to be possible until I get to Ceduna on Saturday. However, only time will tell.

Prior to leaving the site this morning I had a quick whiz round to take a couple of photos of the roadhouse.

The Camper Van Parked Up At Balladonia
The Balladonia Roadhouse
The "You Are Here" Map At Balladonia
I left the site at 08.30 and set off at a Sunday Driver pace. However, it wasn’t long before I came to the “90 Mile Straight”, the longest straight road in Australia, although it does have remarkable similarities to others I have travelled. I refuelled at Caiguna which is where I suddenly found myself loosing 45 minutes, as from here to the SA Border Western Central Time is in operation. I therefore had to abandon the Sunday Driving and put my foot down a bit in order to get to Eucla in reasonable time.
The Start Of "The 90 Mile Straight"
The Nullarbor Road
Refuelled again at Mundrabilla, as they seemed to be offering very competitive rates, then finally arrived at Eucla at 4.00 pm. This would have been 3.15 pm on WA time. There will be a further time change tomorrow as I cross into SA on m way to Ceduna.

Having checked into the caravan park I was delighted to find good Internet access available although there is no mobile phone signal. I had a bit of time to spare now so, took a wander around the site which is situated on the edge of the Eucla Pass on the Eyre Highway.

The View From The Eucla Caravan Park Towards The Coast
The Eucla Memorial Site
The Eucla Whale Outside The Hotel
Made myself some tea and continued drafting this Blog before eventually establishing Skype contact with Eileen which absolutely made my day for me.

Spent the rest of the evening with a few games of Majong and a bit of reading as well as dealing with a few emails. Amazing how you can continue to conduct business even when on the opposite side of the World. However, Zebedee final caught up with me and dispatched me to bed at 11.00 pm. So, Good Night All.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comments/Thoughts/Suggestions here.