Wednesday 17 November 2010

Aus Day 58 - No Whales, Will a Skink Do?

Tuesday 16th November    Aus Day 58

Up at 06.30 this morning, shower and breakfast. Need to get back into a routine now that I am by myself again.
Sorted the van out and it the road at 09.00 although I soon stopped for a photo shoot at Hungry Hollow Beach in Bunbury.
Sailing Ship Off Bunbury Beach
Hungry Hollow Beach - Bunbury
Having refuelled on the outskirts of Bunbury I continued down the Bussell Hwy with a small diversion via the scenic route at Capel through the forest but no photo opportunities presented. I reached Busselton at about 11.00 and called briefly into the Visitor Information Centre before pushing on to the beach road and a few pictures of a lovely beach. If Eileen had still been here I feel sure that we would have been unable to resist the urge for a quick dip in the ocean.
Busselton Beach
I continued into Dunsborough and quickly found the Caravan Park and by mid-day had booked in for two nights. Following a quick lunch I motored up to the Cape Naturaliste where there were lovely views over the Indian Ocean and a walk around the lighthouse including a trip to the Whale Lookout Point. Unfortunately, I had no luck with whale spotting today but I did come across a Stumpy-tailed skink sunning itself on the pathway.
The Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse
View From The Cape Naturaliste Whale Lookout Point
A Stumpy-Tailed Skink
Having completed the lighthouse circuit I paid a visit to Bunker Bay on the east side of the peninsula and then to Sugar Loaf Rock on the west side. Bunker Bay was quite sheltered but at Sugar Loaf Rock the wind was blowing quite strongly and the breakers were crashing constantly onto the rocks and small beach.
Bunker Bay - Cape Naturaliste
Bunker Bay - Cape Naturaliste
Sugar Loaf Rock - Cape Naturaliste
The Sugar Loaf Rock Bay
After visiting these two places I headed back to the caravan site and parked up in good time for my 5 pm Skype appointment with Eileen. I had called into Coles on my way through Dunsborough where, while gathering my few bits and pieces, I was serenaded by a rendition of “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.” This seemed rather appropriate as Eileen was off to attend a Christmas Party.

Cooked myself bacon and eggs for tea before settling down to draft today’s Blog whilst also watching a spot of TV. However, at about 10.30 it started to feel a bit cool an that chap Zebedee has caught up with me again and so it was "Time for Bed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comments/Thoughts/Suggestions here.