Monday 15 November 2010

Aus Day 56 - Farewell to Perth and Eileen Arrives Home

Sunday 14th November    Aus Day 56


Rose at 07.30, missing Eileen but, have to soldier on. Shower and quick breakfast then gathered all my bits and pieces together in readiness for departure. Thanked Pat and Jean for their fantastic hospitality and set off at 09.45. Made my way back to the Kwinana Freeway via the Roe Hwy and headed south, heading for Bunbury. I exited the freeway at Pinjarra, preferring to take the slower but more scenic route down the South Western Highway through Waroona and Harvey. I was taking things easy but still arrived at the Bunbury Visitor Information Centre by 12.30 and after making enquiries and doing a bit of shopping booked into the Discovery Koombana Holiday Park by 13.15. This site is just by Koombana Beach and the Dolphin Discovery Centre. I may stay another day here as I need to spend some time getting right up to date with the Blog, my laundry and to do some research and planning for the remainder of my journey in Australia.

The Discovery Koombana Holiday Park - Bunbury
Went for a walk on the beach, which is right across the road at the back of the van. I am lead to believe that dolphins get into the bay but, I didn’t see any on this occasion.

Koombana Beach Thataway
Bunbury Roadside Flora
Koombana Beach - Bunbury
Returned to the van where I spent some time getting notes updated and finally made contact with Eileen, who had arrived home safely, at about 6.45. Unfortunately, the connection was very sporadic so will hopefully make better contact tomorrow.

Had a simple tea of sausage and beans and then spent the remainder of the evening updating the Blog. I have now completed up to Aus Day 55 so will be fully up to date before much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comments/Thoughts/Suggestions here.